What is Assisted Living?
Home Health Care:
- For those recovering from an acute hospitalization as well as to those with more chronic long term care needs
- May involve a wide variety of medical and social service providers, depending on the patients' needs
- Includes skilled nursing care provided by registered or licensed nurses, physical, speech, and occupational therapies; dietitians, nutritionists, and audiologists; home health aide services, personal care, meals and home-based personal support services such as homemaking and chore services
- Has services provided by a licensed certified agency and is generally covered by Medicare or other supplemental insurance programs
Adult Day Care:
- Programs provide a variety of support services for impaired adults (mainly the elderly) in a protective setting during the day
- Many programs offer medical services and rehabilitation therapy
- Nursing services, personal care services, and transportation
- Provide social services, meals and recreational therapy/activities
- Provide institutional care for people recovering from an acute illness or for those whose chronic needs required skilled nursing care
- Significant assistance with activities of daily living (such as bathing, toileting, or transferring or a combination of all)
- Services may be covered by Medicare, state sponsored programs, or other supplemental insurance programs
- Medical services, supportive emotional and spiritual services to terminally ill patients and their families
- Services involve an interdisciplinary team that includes a physician, a nurse, a social worker, a member of the clergy, and volunteer
- May be covered by Medicare, state sponsored programs, or other supplemental insurance programs.
The philosophy of assisted living emphasizes personal autonomy and privacy. Our facilities emphasize independence, homelike settings, and the ability to age in place. Our communities are designated as Level I or Level II Assisted Living.
Choosing the right place to live can be difficult. If you are still unsure of which place is right for you, just give us a call at your preferred location and we can talk about it over the phone.
- Bella Vista (479) 855-5600
- Fort Smith (479) 649-7100
- Hot Springs (501) 520-0016