Assisted Living Level 2 facilities provide:
- Services that directly help a resident with certain routines, activities of daily living, and assistance with medications. The assessment for residents with health needs must be completed by a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Licensed nursing staff may administer medications.
- Staff may be required to have additional training or certification in order to meet the needs of the residents.
Assisted Living Level 2 facilities may not provide services to residents who:
- Need 24-hour nursing services
- Are bedridden
- Have a temporary (no more than 14 consecutive days) or terminal condition unless a physician or advanced practice nurse certifies the residents’ needs may be safely met by a service agreement developed by the attending physician and the resident
- Have transfer assistance needs that the facility cannot meet
- Present a danger to self or others or engage in criminal activities